Tuesday 22 April 2014

Diary of a College Kid: Anticipating Resumption


The last time I wrote something related to this topic was during my Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme. Finished the program last month and ever since then I have been looking forward to resume the new academic session. The anticipation would have been over assuming the ongoing strike by ASUP was called off or atleast suspended. Although news filtering in gives me a glimmer of hope that I will be back in school soon and would probably commence receiving lectures latest by May. I just pray ASUP and the Federal Government ressolve their differences before the month ends. They say when two elephants fight, the grass suffers. Abi no be so? By the way, as the current acting President of the Association of Agricultural Technology Students, Yabatech, I am also bracing myself for the tasks ahead. God is my strength.

Meanwhile, I have had other official reasons to visit my school recently, despite the ongoing strike. It has to do with submitting a couple of documents and stuff like that. These appointments seem to have caused I and most of my course mates that I haven't seen in a while to link up. So it's always like a family reunion whenever we converge inside the school premises. Handshakes and hugs; 'Oh My God' and 'Missed You' - these gestures and phrases are inevitably expressed by my colleagues during the 'reunion'. Well, I only do gestures. The phrases are feminine in a way. Uncool for guys!
Something dawned on me the previous time I was in school. I noticed the premises of Yaba College of Technology is filled with all kinds of statue. Art in its physical form. It shows how really creative my fellow students are. Belonging to the Faculty of Technology doesn't deprive me the privilege of being an art enthusiast. I love paintings and sculpture. In fact, my ex is a Fine Artist. Literally! She pays attention to details. I guess it's an artistic attribute, if you know what I mean. End of story.

I took some snapshots while standing in front of a statue that reminds me of Greek's Korous/Apollo. I'd say a timid version of that though. Check out pics below.

1 comment: