Friday 5 July 2013

Update | What I Have Been Up To

The other day I explained why I went M.I.A. Since then, I think my online presence have improved to some extent, right? I guess it's due to the fact I haven't really been occupied with academic work lately. School's yet to resume. Although I have been busy taking a course on how to work with the Adobe CS6 Suite software. Studying various tutorials; from Adobe Photoshop to Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Indesign and Illustrator. Graphic designing is cool, but video editing and 3D animation is even more fun, although a bit complex. Learning new skills and adapting to old ones.

Meanwhile, it seems I have been slowing down on the music. My deepest apologies to all my fans. Blame it on the fact that a brother has to place his priorities right.

Anyway, I recently recorded a verse on Dominant-1's forthcoming album. The Malawian hip hop veteran also featured the likes of Modenine and The Holstar on the same project. I also did a cover of 'Can't Hold Us' by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. The beat of that song was yelling 'jump on me!’ I had to pour my heart out on it. The brief freestyle drops this July.

Then I was featured on a song by Overdose, Pherowshuz and Terry Tha Rapman, look out for it on the B.A.N.S compilation album, which also feature the likes of Dammy Krane and Remininsce.

I was interviewed on Paradise FM (Calabar) a while back. Shout to Duke Emmanuel for having me on his radio show. And big ups to everyone that tuned in.

I’m still promoting my latest pan-African collab 'Raw African Poetry 2.0'. You know I am one not to keep y'all waiting, so  Teck-Zilla and I are back in the lab working on a new EP, tentatively titled 'The AfroRhyme Sayers'. For the recs, the last EP we worked on together was 'Raplogic'.

And here's the highlight. I plan to work with an A-list artist from Angola on a commercial afro-pop track soon. The artist’s name remains anonymous for now. Y’all can keep guessing. And yes, you can say 'Fecko is about to sell out' (Laughs). Just going with the flow! The last gist was meant to be top-secret, but I couldn't help but let the cat of the bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment